Friday 17 June 2011

100 runs in 100 days

I've set up this blog to support my "100 runs challenge", which I started on June 12th - exactly 100 days until the Bupa Great North Run on September 18th 2011.

My 7 year old son, Jake was diagonsed with Type-1 Diabetes in December 2008, aged 4 years old.  This has been a life-changing experience for not just Jake, but the whole family.  Although he is a happy and well little boy, he must live with twice-daily insulin injections as well as blood sugar testing around 5 times a day.  If this is not managed properly, it can lead to a number of side affects, and complications in his later life.




Last year, my wife Carolyn and Mother-In-Law Ann, trekked Mont Blanc, and raised over £3,000 for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).




This year it is my challenge to run at least 6.2 miles each day in the 100 days leading up top the Bupa Great North Run in September 2011.

I will track my progress on this blog, along with photos and hopefully will raise both money and awareness for the JDRF and Type 1 Diabetes.

My Fundraising page is www.justgiving.com/100runs4jdrf

No comments:

Post a Comment