Saturday 20 August 2011

Run to the hills


I have to admit that it was a treat to run somewhere so flat over the past 11 days, I realised It would be difficult to have to go back to hill running back on home soil.  Yesterday I did the Friezland loop, which is the flattest route I know around here, so it was with a heavy heart that I decided to bite the bullet and go for the hills.  The weather was perfect, the traffic was also light due to the Rushcart taking place today and tomorrow, so I decided not to get caught up with both boozy morris men and weekend pagans in Uppermill and kept to a faithful Dobcross - Standedge route. 

Today's run - 6.4 miles

I suppose my new aerodynamic hair cut at Bryn Daniels In Grotton (a trim to prevent me from reslembling a fuzzy tennis ball) helped me adjust to the hills.  I had words of support and encouragement from the proprietor Bryn, and one of the regulars wanted to sponsor me too. Bryn raised a lot for Carolyn's trek last year and is a good mate.  We had a great night last December when we saw Half Man Half Biscuit in Holmfirth. He's up for running in the Great Yorkshire Run, so I'd better get weaving and book my place - I'll see if Pat's interested too.




Only 29 to go till the big day - my number arrived in the post on Friday:



No comments:

Post a Comment