Thursday 7 July 2011

More support

Big thanks to Accelerate Running of Sheffield and Mountain Feet of Oldham for offering to upload links to my Justgiving page and this blog to their Facebook Pages - this is much appreciated.  Mountain Feet have also offered a discount in store, so again thanks for your support and kind emails back - they give me a boost!














One of the clothing companies I contacted also came back to me, albeit by letting me know just how much attention they paid to the original email I sent them.  After telling me how many requests they get and that they support many charities already, Sally from GORE UK signed off her communication with the line "Good luck with your bike ride".  This rattled me, because I think that the snappy challenge title (100 runs in 100 days) sort of gives a big clue as to what I will be doing.  Whilst I don't expect anything from anyone I've contacted, I appreciate a degree of courtesy, and GORE UK have so far demonstrated very little of this, which grates considering the good things I had read about their company and products - and the fact I have purchased, worn and endorsed their products in the past.  No matter.  The buzz I get after each run is the satisfaction of doing something I set out to do, and the kindness of others, in particular A3 Sports, Helly Hansen, Rainbow Running, Accelerate UK and Mountain Feet, as well as my justgiving donators are all good examples of this.

Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment