Sunday 31 July 2011

Brand new leg muscles


The first run in the second half of the challenge took place this morning. I don't want to speak too soon, and I'm not being offered any endorsements to say this but my legs feel like brand new after yesterday's massage.  I over took 2 runners on the A62, just before the Albion Farm Shop - I even over took a cyclist on the climb up Woods Lane in Dobcross - It's a case of so far, so faster.

On the decent down Wall Hill Road, I used the number of lampposts to include a little speed reps and increase the heart rate.  I caught a rare glimpse of a donkey being walked by a young girl on the Delph Donkey on my way back to Diggle via the canal side. 

I'm away in Edinburgh with work over the next couple of days, so will scout out a couple of routes and take the GPS with me.  It'll be nice to run in a different place, also prove to my work mates up there that I am really doing the challenge and not making it up!




Lots of people around this morning, as they are heading into Uppermill for the celebration event that is Yorkshire day.  Yorkshire Day is celebrated on 1 August to promote the historic English county of Yorkshire. It was celebrated in 1975, by the Yorkshire Ridings Society, initially in Beverley, as "protest movement against the Local Government re-organisation of 1974", The date alludes to the Battle of Minden, and also the anniversary of the emancipation of slaves in the British Empire in 1834, for which a Yorkshire MP, William Wilberforce, had campaigned.



Today's run 7.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment